Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Recap: Shop Fresh, Shop Local



On Saturday, we woke up early and headed into town to the Farmer's Market. I have always loved the Farmer's Market because it reminds me of one of my favorite childhood memories. I grew up going to the Belmont Shore Farmer's Market with my grandmother when I would spend weekends with her and my grandfather. My grandmother has been a vegetarian yogi for over 40 years, so why I didn't catch onto the clean eating bandwagon years ago, I am not sure. My grandmother is the shining example of what clean eating can do for you overall health. She doesn't look at day over 60 and this woman just celebrated her 80th birthday! I digress... If you have one close, I HIGHLY recommend, making a visit. The whole experience is cool. Everyone one is friendly and can feel the sense of community right away. It also feels great to be supporting local small businesses who support the clean eating lifestyle. I left with a bag of the most beautiful, colorful and delicious, certified organic veggies that I turned into an easy, clean and satisfying dinner. Here's what was on that nights menu.


Kale Chopped Salad with Almond Crusted Chicken and Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette 
*Cleanse Friendly
1 Head of Kale, massaged
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Large Haas Avocado
2 Heirloom Tomatoes
3 Purple Carrots (my new fave!)
1/4 Cup Organic Golden California Raisins

Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts
1 LB Chicken Breasts
1 Egg, Whisked
Almond Meal

Soak Chicken in egg batter, the cover with Almond Meal. Pan fry in light EVOO or Coconut oil.

Lemon Garlic Dressing 
The juice of 1 Lemon
1TBLS EVOO
3-4 Cloves, Fresh Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste

Blend in food processor until creamy. Serve.

Toss ingredients together with dressing and top with Almond Crusted Chicken.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn More!