Thursday, February 6, 2014

Simple Clean Dinner: Boyfriend Approved



When I changed my cooking habits, by default, so did Christian (for dinner at least)! I am constantly striving to cook up healthy and delicious meals that are boyfriend approved. One of my favorite things about eating clean has been challenging myself to find alternatives or substitutes to unclean foods that I used to love. Enter, Explore Asian Mung Bean Noodles. These are an amazing alternative to pasta and are packed with a whopping 25g of protein and 11g of fiber. They are Certified Vegan, Organic, Gluten Free and Kosher. And Christian LOVES the way they taste. Some nights it's hard to cook a complicated meal... tonight was one of those nights! So we threw together this tasty dish that is completely challenge friendly and hit my craving for pasta. 

 "Pasta" with Grilled Chicken and Asparagus

2 chicken breasts, diced and marinated in EVOO, crushed garlic, salt and pepper
1 Bundle of Asparagus, spears cut into thirds
1 package of Explore Asian Mung Bean Noodles
1 TBLS EVOO
Crushed Garlic
** You can also toss in 1 Heaping TBLS of Pesto in place of EVOO ( I found a clean version at Mother's Market)

 Pan grill chicken. Boil noodles. When noodles are almost done cooking, throw in asparagus for remainder of the time. Drain noodles/asparagus. Add chicken, EVOO, garlic to noodles and mix. Light salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious I am totally making it!! I am waiting on my bulk order of Mung Bean Pasta to get here today from Amazon hahah #obsessed

    ReplyDelete

Learn More!