Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Best Clean Cookies You'll Ever Eat!

You know, as much as I like clean eating, and as great as it makes me feel, sometimes I still crave the not so good stuff for me. For instance, a good ol' Chocolate Chip Cookie! So all I have to say is THANK GOODNESS I found this recipe. I have seen many versions of this recipe, and I will be honest that it took me quite a while to actually work up the courage to make them, because their main ingridient is Garbanzo Beans which completely throws me off. But, if there is one thing that I have learned in the past year, it is that it doesn't hurt to try something new. Most of the time it works out in my favor- and this recipe was no exception. Based on the different variations I had seen, I threw this recipe together with what I had in my kitchen. They are so insanely good. Even better, is that hese babies are completely clean and dare I say healthy? Garbanzo Beans are a great source of fiber and protien, while being low in saturated fat and cholesterol, making these a homerun of a recipe. I used regular chocolate chips in mine, but you can make yours better by using Enjoy Life Foods "chocolate chips" or something similar. WARNING: Refrain from eating a 1/2 tray of cookies like I did.
HAPPY BAKING!

Chocolate Chip Cookies 
1 can Organic Garbanzo Beans- drained and dried
1/2 cup heaping with natural peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
1/4 cup Raw Organic Honey
1Tbls Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Baking Soda
Chocolate Chips to your liking

Puree Garbanzo Beans in food processor or Vitamix. Add in PB, Honey and Baking Soda. Mix again. Stir in Chocolate Chips. Bake on light greased cookie sheet at 375 for 13-15 minutes. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn More!